4.21.2010

mom, i need you here to tell me when too much is enough.

wiley wears:

top: from boutique in buenos aires
cardigan: gap
trousers: madewell
shoes: lux
necklace: on loan from poppy and leo
scarf: shepard fairey
   i am in love love love with today's outfit.  i began layering and just didn't stop.  recently in an anthropologie catalog i loved the way in which the model wore both a scarf tied in the back with a long necklace overlapping.  layering accessories has been one of my favorite things to do since childhood.  i was always the one wearing bangles up to my elbows with multiple pairs of clip-on earrings and a few plastic barrettes in my hair.  my mom, who lovingly referred to me as 'the bag lady, ' because, don't worry, purses were also utilized to the extreme, was always there to tell me when a lot of accessories became too many.   the opportunity to allow a similar overdoing of accessories still brings a huge smile to my face, because now no one can stop me.  i even threw on an extra bangle this morning, just as a reminder to myself about those days of old.  and of course, the trousers are back.  i think i'll settle on these being a once a week article.  this shirt was one of my favorite finds when my sister, peach, lived abroad in argentina.  the poor girl was dragged behind me on days of shopping as i had to find every piece that was trendy in argentina at the time; super pointy canvas flats, slouchy boyfriend jeans and funky european-inspired tops.  this top has an amazing detail at the bottom which i tucked in, so you can't see it, but believe you me, it's pretty incredible.  my scarf and red necklace were my little attempt at color in a black and gray outfit and i think they worked to set this apart in an office setting.  
    before my blabbering ends, i have a few bloggers signed on to fill out the proust questionnaire, but would love to get some more girls (or boys) on board.  feel free to shoot me an email if you're in.  cause come on, honestly, who doesn't love to answer questions about themselves? 
here's to thursday rolling around and putting us one day closer to the weekend.
glorious!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I love this outfit so much! those trousers are divine on you! How lucky you got to shop in Buenos Aires!

    ReplyDelete