4.20.2010

lost.

wiley wears:

top: old navy
blazer: gap
cigarette pants: gap
belt: gap
t-straps: uo
earrings: uo
       today i wanted to work on mixing some patterns.  i really love this trend, but knew i had to start out slowly.  i paired this floral top in blacks and neutrals with my hounds tooth blazer.  i really liked the combination and wanted to wear my fitted cigarette pants and flats to keep the look office-appropriate and classic.  these clustered rose earrings gave the perfect touch of glam to my black and white ensemble. 
     today presented itself as my typical tuesday....wondering about the greater questions of my life.  after my dreaded mondays (something that needs to cease), tuesdays usually leave me thinking about all of the things i love, hate and wish i could change about the life i lead.  this quote from alice in wonderland always is most representative of my tuesday state of mind:
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a
tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?"
was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the
cat, "it doesn't matter."
sometimes i feel this lost, but then i remember that it doesn't matter where i am, because this is where i am supposed to be.  i am slowly working towards all of my greater goals and i just have to keep reminding myself of this.  recently i have become entranced with the proust questionnaire; a list of questions about ones' personality created by french writer marcel proust.  i have decided to start a new segment on my blog to get to know some of my favorite bloggers through proust's questions.  i have a few of my blogger friends lined up and this friday i will fill out the questionnaire myself and post it for all to read.  i think it's great to get to know more about the bloggers we are inspired by.  if you are a blogger interested in being a part of this little experiment please feel free to leave a comment below or shoot me an email.
currently getting caroline addicted to 'glee.'  it is working!

4 comments:

  1. love this outfit, wiley. great combination and shots! keep up the good work :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. id love to participate!! love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit...you look wonderful!
    XOXO
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wiley,
    Thank you for entering the contest that beso.com sponsored on Calivintage. We invite you to enter another contest we're running where you can win a Kitchen Aid Mixer. Our Style Director will be reviewing the entries and choosing the winning recipe. Check it out at: http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/bake-up-summer-sweets.

    Thanks again,
    Beso.com

    ReplyDelete