1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?
to be honest i haven't really been involved in a blogger event before this one. while i love checking out how other bloggers participate in these events, my blog tends to stick to the basic posts i started doing in the beginning.
2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
happily, i can say that i have never had to deal with this situation, but i can see how tempting it may be at times.
3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?
my take is that my readers continue to come back for the same content i started; wiley wears, style spotlights, some book reviews and a few tidbits from my life. i want to keep it simple and post about the things i love. after talking about blogger authenticity a few weeks ago, i've been reminded about the purpose my blog serves for me. it's an outlet for the things i'm passionate about...that's really my only mission.
4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind?
as i said before, i do the same posts i've done since the beginning. as long as i keep up with those posts each week, i am a very happy girl.
5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?
this one is simple....by reading. i follow and read probably fifty blogs daily and over a hundred on a more sporadic basis. i love commenting, getting inspiration, and passing links along to friends. right now i am loving the new 30x30 challenge that so many of my favorite bloggers have begun! a whole lot of inspiration can be found in these posts.
what's your take on what makes a blog unique?