- accessories are what makes an outfit. tights, scarves, belts and jewelry can take an outfit to a whole other level. if it hadn't been for the small pieces i was able to play with a number of my outfits would have been very very boring. invest in great accessories and you cannot go wrong.
- bright patterns are essential to a well-rounded wardrobe. i originally thought that my white tee would be the most worn top i choose, but in the end i wore my floral tee and plaid button-down far more. a top with multiple colors gives you the ability to remix it with various other pieces.
- my favorite colors to use as neutrals; gray and mustard. both of these colors go with everything and right now there are so many great pieces everywhere in both shades.
- the maxi trend is the perfect trend for winter. find those long skirts and dresses from the summer and reimagine them with cardigans, tights and lots of belts.
- combining mismatched pieces can make the perfect outfit. during this challenge i wore a sweatshirt with a pencil skirt and a silk dress with moto boots. these are the kinds of combinations that set you apart and make your closet seem a whole lot larger.
i hope these tips are helpful to those of you in that winter wardrobe slump!
back to my closet and i am pumped about getting dressed tomorrow. i hope to see you at the swap tomorrow night! if you haven't bought a ticket yet, get there!