1.27.2011

blogging technology.

this week's fbff questions, from katy of modlychic, are about the technology of blogging.  read below to see my answers to the questions and check out katy's blog to see what other bloggers had to say.
1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, video camera, tripod, etc...) 
my computer is a macbook, camera is a nikon coolpix L100, and i use the most basic of tripods...a pretty simple setup
2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system, photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..) 
i chose the most user-friendly (in my opinion) options when i created my blog.  i use blogger, since i am a total lover of all things google.  after i take my photos i use iphoto for editing and storage.
3. What is your process for taking pictures? 
my photos are a big piece of my blog that i look forward to really focusing on in 2011.  i'm currently using a point-and-shoot that isn't always perfect at capturing the detail and colors in each of my photos. i'm excited to purchase an slr this year and learn a bit more about photography with jeb.  my typical photo-taking process is pretty simple.  jeb and i head out after work (or indoors during cold or rainy days) and shoot my photos somewhere in our neighborhood.  we usually take about 12-15 photos.  i then upload them, delete the bad ones, edit about four or five and then narrow it down to the best three.  i don't do a whole lot of fancy editing...just the basics.
4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily? 
we often take photos against the fence behind our house, but my favorite thing about having a daily wear blog is finding awesome backdrops for my pictures.  the city is the perfect place to find stellar locations, although a lot of my photos are also taken at the beach in the summertime.  i rarely have an idea of where to shoot, but usually happen upon a spot as we are heading out to an evening's destination.
5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying?
hands-down a canon eos rebel t2i.  it's the camera i have been dying over for quite awhile now and i'm hoping to make it my own this year.
i'd love to hear your tips on the best cameras, equipment, and blogging in general!

{image found here}

3 comments:

  1. All this reading about bloggers plans to upgrade to an slr camera this year has me thinking my little dinky camera is really sad. At least it works still. - Katy
    PS did you see the info about the Blogger Meet-up at the end of Feb? Check the FB boston blogger group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Canon Rebel T2i! My husband and I made it our gift to ourselves last year, and I love it. I also highly recommend getting the Canon 50mm 1.8 lens. It's only $100, and it allows for much better photos in low light. I know you will love that camera when you get it!

    ReplyDelete