3.08.2010

even on a sunny monday.

wiley wears:

dress: bcbg
blazer: vintage donna karan
tights: target
boots: thrifted
     so even a sunny sky cannot make me put something bright and colorful on on a monday morning.  i wake up and am immediately drawn to the darkest and saddest shades in my closet.  today i went for this olive green belted dress with black tights, boots and blazer.  i found this dress at buffalo exchange and was drawn to the ruffled shoulders.  i tend to steer clear of items with big shoulders, but there was something so girly about this detail that i couldn't resist. as for the rest, black, black and more black.  who would have guessed?
     i have to admit that my outfit mirrored my mood.  lately i wonder if warm weather and sun can even bring me out of the gloominess i've been under.  hopefully some new and exciting adventures are around the corner.  and with summer comes visits from my family, trips to the beach and, of course, sundresses.  if anything can bring me out of this funk, its a sundress.  so for tonight, a glass of red wine, gossip girl and cuddling up on the sofa with jeb and our kitten will put me in a happier place.  one day closer to the weekend, ladies and gentleman, so let's put some smiles on our faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment