3.10.2011

finding the balance.

     this weeks fbff questions from katy, of modlychic, are about the balancing act between work, life and blogging.  read below to see my answers and head over to katy's blog to see how other bloggers answered.
1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall? 
i will admit that blogging usually falls behind the other parts of my life, but in this same way, it has become a big part of everything in my life.  spending time with friends often turns into brainstorming sessions on new posts, dates with jeb turn into photoshoots and time with my family is often spent discussing the pros and cons of social media.  i am becoming my blog to some extent.  it is constantly on my mind, so it often infiltrates when i am trying to focus on something else.  work, jeb, my friends and family will always come before my blog, but at the end of the day, it is sitting down and working on my blog that allows me some quiet time alone with my thoughts.
2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible? 
i have a daily blogging schedule.  my photos are taken immediately after work or the gym and then i spend about a half hour editing photos and writing my posts.  by setting aside a specific time each day to do your blogging, it makes planning for other activities much easier.
3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient? 
my easiest short-cut is to take different photo sets throughout my weekend and have extra posts ready for evenings during the week when i'm too tired or have plans.  all i have to do is edit the photos and write a quick post.  always better than nothing!
4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead? 
i don't have an editorial calendar, but i do the same posts on a similar schedule each week.  once you figure out when you like to do specific posts it makes it very workable without needing to write it down.  do what works for you.
5. If time wasn’t an issue what you would be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now? 
without a doubt, my focus would go to my photos.  i would find killer settings for each shot and take more time to get the perfect photos.  more time would also allow me to spend extra minutes perfecting outfits.  ah, i wish time wasn't an issue.


{image found here via here.}

No comments:

Post a Comment