3.04.2011

beauty products.

today's fbff questions, from katy at modly chic, are about beauty products.  as a girl who wears very little makeup and rarely wears her hair in anything fancier than a bun, i found these questions a bit challenging.  i have to admit that my answers might be a bit on the muted side, but i hope i can inspire some ladies who are in my low-maintenance frame of mind.  while i don't wear a whole lot of makeup i do love fancy hair and makeup products.
1. What's your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product? 
my favorite drug store makeup product would have to be a tie between maybelline's the falsies volume express mascara and rimmel's moisure renew lipstick in red alert.  as for a higher-end product, i never leave the house without my mac sheertone blush in pinch o' peach.
2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without? 

like i said above, blush is my absolute must every morning.  for a pale-faced girl like me, a little pink in the cheeks can make the difference between looking half-asleep or wide-awake.
3. What's the best hair product you've ever used? 

bumble & bumble sunday shampoo.  it is hands-down the best way to clean all of the impurities out of your hair each week.
4. Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that? 

white eyeshadow.  without  a doubt.  my mom was slow to allow us to wear makeup and in middle school she let me to get some pale white eyeshadow and i piled it on, thinking it made me look older.  pretty sure it made me look like a thirteen year old with poor makeup skills.
5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality? 

i have an arsenal of red lipsticks, stains and glosses.  my personal favorites are my rimmel lipstick in red alert and my benetint lip gloss.  red lips make me feel pretty and retro, and against my pale skin i think it creates a very feminine look that has become very 'me'.  


{image and tutorial found here.}

1 comment:

  1. Ooh... what a fun FBFF topic. And, yes, you pull off red lipstick beautifully!

    ReplyDelete